The BasX A-150 is a two channel power amplifier that offers true audiophile sound quality at an affordable price. The BasX A-150 includes a carefully chosen set of important features, including a heavy-duty power supply, high-quality Class A/B amplification, transparent audiophile-quality fault protection, a trigger input and output, and industry standard unbalanced audio inputs. Modern manufacturing techniques, and careful design and parts selection, have enabled Emotiva to deliver all of this performance and great sound quality in the BasX A-150 at a far lower price than you might imagine.
Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output allow the BasX A-150 to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- The BasX A-150 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz and will automatically detect and configure itself for the proper line voltage.